Monday, January 18, 2010

Suggestions from "D" group?

This was to be my "Arc" and now I am looking at the mini-assignment as well using the rule of thirds and crops (as well as experimenting).

This is a massive and impressive bridge being build to bypass the Hoover Dam and is very close to the dam as I made the pictures from top of it. I have spent a couple of days working on (photo #2) removing the wires from the sky, and then thinking maybe I am using the wrong photo.




#1
I eliminated this one because of all the
electrical equipment.
#2
The one I have been working on.
However, the sky is difficult for me.

#3
About the same as #2 but it does
show both sides of the bridge.
If the gorge is cropped out then the height is lost. However, the bridge is not emphasized as it is.
Suggestions on which photo to use.
What to do for improvement.
Or should I just do something else.
Thanks for all the help I have already received from this group.
John


3 comments:

  1. The elements Village site is the place to get help on PSE, the Kind souls there have (Are Still) nursing me through dealing with PSE 5 and now 7. the only way to learn is to use it. Subscribe to the PhotoshopElementsTechnique web site, through EV then do their tutorials. Learn to ask questions on the forums and you might even learn the nomenclature PSE users employ. Primarily though explain fully what the problem is post it on the forum then check back regularly. It will come. Isn't there something missing from your Bridge or are you going to blame that on PSE8 LOL. Great shots looks scary high though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ron. I am rereading the post to see how to improve the question. It was meant to be related to composition and not a request for help with PSE. That was an attempt to relate my struggle with "how to" composition wise improve the photo and which is best for that purpose.
    Thank you for the elements technique recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, John. I kind of like the first one, but for the electrical equipment! (Darn electricity we need...)

    I think I like #3 better because, as you've said, you get both sides of the bridge. What if you cropped the wires out of #3, leaving just a little sky above the top of the bridge. It would put the bridge higher in the photo, emphasizing the depth of the gorge.

    Any of the three is a fine arc example!

    ReplyDelete