Sunday, March 7, 2010

VPW March/April - Blue


No doubt blue!
(and I have two entries)
Cliffs of Moor (Moher)
County Clare Ireland

One of the most photographed scenes in Ireland
so I failed the "don't take a picture like all the tourist do".

However, it's one of my favorite places.


#2
Same water (Atlantic Ocean)
and just as blue!
I believe all water in Ireland is blue.

So, composition error number 2 has to do
with the horizon not being horizontal.
But changing it seemed to screw up the rocks.
Probably should have just cropped out the sky now
that I am posting and talking to myself.

8 comments:

  1. My opinion in this situation is you could straighten the ocean just a bit and not worry about the rest. Natural things should be left natural. I like this scene. Ireland is one of my favorite places in the world. Love both of your shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great take of the Old Sod! Must have been a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. water and skies always in all different shades of blue and always interesting to see

    Chrsitina, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so intrigued by that blue water that I didn't notice the uneven horizon....wow, how I would love to go there! I can see why you had to take that touristy shot...it is drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are simply gorgeous!! Beautiful composition and outstanding colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are beautiful. I think it might be worth a try straightening the horizon in the second shot as Terri suggested. I'd like to see a comparison between the current shot and one with the straightend horizon just to see what it does to the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous...I've always wanted to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors and composition. Love the contrast between the textured cliffs and smooth water in the first photo. Is that a castle on top of the cliffs?

    ReplyDelete