Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend Photos

For the weekend assignment, here are a few snaps of my trip to the river.
Today we have 70 degree weather with nice sunshine and very little wind.
Perfect February day in Alabama.



A very social setting for bikers along the way.

Then as we pass one of the 'nicer' homes it
was necessary to get this shot.


Once at the river, while sitting in the sun, one of
Mr. Parker's tugs steams past and
appears to be in a hurry.
Maybe more coal is needed in Mobile.



While wandering the river bank a beautiful
pine shines through its own frame.


5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fabulous day...70 degress, I am Jealous!! I love all of your shots...but how unique is that tree frame...i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer has arrived eh! Great array of shots for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nice virtual vacation day in Alabama! The warm sunshine was delightful. I especially like that first photo with the yellow sign - nice composition and leading line created by the roadway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 70 degrees! Like Tammy, I'm jealous. You've taken us on quite a tour. I like the first picture - I am a sucker for "road" pictures, drawing me into the frame. I wonder about the story behind the house shot. The bright colors on the boat REALLY make me long for spring! Great eye seeing the natural frame on the 4th image.

    Great tour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house, Oh that's easy ~Val.
    It's just a neighbor down the street and this is one of the better ones in our part of town.
    The resident helped me save the $75 for my P&S Canon.

    ReplyDelete